Monday, August 15, 2011

Introduction RLS Paddleboards

I am a local EastBay resident and avid paddleboader. I am selling a limited supply of some value priced high pressure inflatable paddleboards in the SF Bay Area. I got these to test the market and see whether I can make a go of of this as a small business distributing for an outstanding company, Saturn Inflatables. Comparable boards run $995 or more. $489 is your cost with you picking it up in Fairfield. I have 11 of these right now. Save $500 and give me a call! I can get another shipment if demand increases . These boards are awesome. I have an HOA lake near my home that I can let you take a spin to verify you want one. They are truly amazing. You can easily convert them to a one or two person sit-on-top Kayak by simply clipping kayak seats to the installed d-rings. It is really fast, heavy duty, and packs into a convenient little roll for storage. I take mine everywhere I go. I have taken it to Lake Solano, Point Reyes, Stinson's and even down the San Juan River in Southern Utah.

As an SUP enthusiast, here are some of the things to consider when deciding between hard(fiberglass) and an inflated board when getting started in the sport. I think you should have both but, would lean towards starting with inflated.

Hardsides
Pros
Can be a little faster, depending on the shape and stability you buy.
Pull it off the roof and go, no pumping.

Cons
You drop a hard side once and you may ruin it, if the wind catches it when you are loading, sadness...
You need to have a large and safe place to store it-
Have to spend a bunch of money on roof racks
Can't use it in any streams or rivers with more than a mild current because in you hit a rock you may destroy your board
If you fall on it, it hurts. :)
To get a beginner board with enough buoyancy to establish confidence you will need spend at least $800 on the board alone.

Soft Sides
Pros
More stable
Super durable, (made out of white water rafting material) rocks and reefs, dropping it not a concern, if you do manage to get a puncture, "tear-aid" fixes it in one minute.
Rivers, streams, shallow reef, shallow creek, white water SUPing, options are limitless
Rolls up in a tight little package, (carry-on-able) weighs only 22 pounds.
The buoyancy is incredible and solid, drop stitch floor creates a rigid yet forgiving platform.
If you fall on it it hurts less.
Can be converted into a one or two person sit-on-top Kayak in less than 3 minutes by clipping kayak seats on d-rigs that are already installed. ( also helpful during long paddles, if the wind picks up you can switch to seated paddling quickly and create less wind resistance).
While it is true to get a good one you usually have to spend $7, 8 or $900 on a heavy duty board, I am the first distributor on the west coast to bring these in and they blow away my competition in value and quality. The company has even reverse engineered a $350 high pressure pump in such a way that they are able to offer it for less than $125. (the new ones come with a "turbo bravo manual pump" with a psi gauge)

Cons
Can be slower depending on the shape you buy.
Have to pump up before you go, (takes 15 minutes manually, takes 3 minutes with a high pressure pump.)

Call me or text me:

(801)-769-6228

  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 0 image 1
image 2 image 3

No comments:

Post a Comment